Equal Opportunity (EO) Measures
Although women have been gaining ground at LIVES — particularly as doctoral candidates — women remain underrepresented in the upper echelons of academia. This observation corroborates the results of larger-scale surveys undertaken at Swiss universities, particularly the University of Geneva and the University of Lausanne.
Since it was founded, support for women's careers has been a priority at NCCR LIVES, which puts forward and implements several measures for supporting equality:
- Ensure that recruitment complies with the Equality Directives and the Action Plans adopted by LIVES' host universities, (Lausanne and Geneva)
- Provide all senior employees the opportunity to participate in an equality awareness workshop.
- Encourage female employees (both junior and senior) to participate in at least one of the women's career promotion programs available at the universities they are affiliated with.
- Inform all employees about the parenting support programs made available to them by the host universities, the SNSF and the NCCR LIVES
- Include training modules on gender issues within the activities of the LIVES doctoral program