The Institute of social sciences (ISS) invites applications for a position of: Graduate assistant in Social Inequality and Social Policy.
Starting date: 01.09.2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Duration of contract: 1 year once, plus 2 years renewable once, with a maximum duration of 5 years.
Employment rate: 100%
Workplace: Lausanne Mouline, Géopolis
Annual gross salary: CHF 65’000.- (first year)
- Preparation of a doctoral thesis (50% of working time at least)
- Joint research projects and participation in the activities of the department (25% of working time)
- Assisting with teaching on topics of social policy and social inequality under supervision of a senior academic (25% of working time)
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences with a quantitative component (Sociology, Political Science, Demography, Economics, Psychology or similar degree)
- Interest in Topics of Social Inequality, Social Policy and the Life Course
- Practical experience with quantitative social science data analysis methods
- Familiarity with statistical software (e.g. Stata, R, SPSS)
- Proficiency in English and French. Further fluency in French can be acquired during the 1st year of employment by participating in the free courses at the School of French as a Foreign language